Being a low-cost carrier, the Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy offers the most flexible and affordable cancellation. In terms, passengers have the opportunity to utilize the travel funds in the near future to purchase new flights. More than that, in this post we would be covering the flight cancellation rules, cancellations due to COVID restrictions, and everything you need to know before making the request.
- Allegiant Flight Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Air Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Air 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
- How to Cancel an Allegiant Flight Ticket?
- Cancel Allegiant Flight Online
- Allegiant Air Cancel Flight over the Phone
- Allegiant Cancel Flight at the Airport
- Allegiant Weather Cancellation Policy
- Allegiant Air Refund Policy
- Allegiant Cancellation Fees
- FAQs Related To Allegiant Cancellation Policy
Allegiant Flight Cancellation Policy
The Allegiant cancellation policy is applicable on all fare types, cabin class, and class of service selected. Just like that, there are other pre-conditions and restrictions you should know before making the flight cancellation. Besides, the cancellation rules may vary with the Trip Flex program.
- Flight bookings cannot be cancelled within 7 days of scheduled departure. No credit will be issued unless you have purchased a trip flex subscription on your booking.
Allegiant Air Cancellation with Trip Flex
- The Flex Trip gives you the flexibility to cancel your reservation within 1 hour of scheduled departure. The Allegiant flight cancellation fees may apply.
- No cancel/change fee applies and is limited to one-time usage per passenger.
- If the Trip Flex is utilized, any future cancellation request will be processed on the flight itinerary without the said subscription. Therefore, it is subject to all the time frames, policies, and fees, as per the Allegiant flight cancellation policy.
- Trip Flex can be cancelled within 24 hours of purchase, provided the concerned flight segment must be unused or unflown.
- If Trip Flex is cancelled online via the airline’s website, a non-transferable, non-refundable credit travel voucher will be issued.
- With the assigned value of the voucher from Trip Flex, the travel must be completed within 2 years from the date of original purchase. The voucher’s validity cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- If you booked a vacation package and that too under the Trip Flex program, it must be cancelled at least 72 hours before the scheduled departure.
- With Trip Flex, passengers can request the Allegiant Air name change. Fare differences may apply.
Allegiant Air Cancellation without Trip Flex
- The Allegiant flight cancellation must be completed at least 7 days or more prior to the scheduled departure.
- Without Trip Flex a cancellation fee of up to 200 USD may apply. Within 7 days of travel, no cancellation or Allegiant flight change request is permitted.
- Any flight cancellation is subject to the aforementioned fees. The airline retains the airport taxes and related surcharges.
- Qualified flight booking with credit balances generated from the cancellation will be issued a non-refundable, non-transferable voucher for future travel. The travel must be completed within 1 year from the date of original purchase. The voucher’s validity cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Cancellation is not permitted after the Allegiant check-in request is completed.
Allegiant Air Coronavirus Cancellation Policy
The airliner is in constant touch with the Centers of Disease Control, TSA, and the US Department of Transportation. Currently, no recommendation or advisory has been made to alter the flight operations.
The following points should be considered before making the flight cancellation due to COVID-19 travel restrictions –
- Effective immediately, to accommodate the much-needed flexibility due to COVID-19, the airline’s cancellation fee has been reduced to 175 USD per person, per flight segment.
- The cancellation request can now be made directly via visiting the Manage Travel section or by calling the Allegiant Customer Service phone number.
- To expedite your request, you need to provide the booking confirmation number, registered email address, and how you would like to process the Allegiant air refund.
- No changes or cancellation requests to be entertained at the airport counter.
- As per Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy, the airline does not offer the booking or cancellation contract to the third-party travel agency.
Allegiant Air 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
As per Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy, passengers must cancel their reservation within 24 hours of purchase for a full refund. You need to keep in mind that the scheduled departure date must be at least one week away at the booking.
Outside 24 hours, the tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. For qualified cancellations, a credit voucher will be issued which remains good for future travel up to one year from the date of booking. The following bookings are not eligible under the Allegiant air cancellation policy 24 hours –
- Your booking includes 10 or more passengers. Such requests are subject to the airline’s group contract.
- Bookings made with future travel credit are eligible for cancellation within 24 hours.
- 24-hour cancellation would not be applicable on the booking made with an eGift voucher or any other electronic gift certificate.
- Within 24-hour, passengers can request the Allegiant flight change.
How to Cancel an Allegiant Flight Ticket?
The cancellation request can now be made directly via visiting the Manage Travel section or by calling the Allegiant Customer Service phone number. You can also make a last-minute cancellation at the airport if you have purchased the Trip Flex along with your booking.
Cancel Allegiant Flight Online
You can cancel the reservation by retrieving your booking under the Manage Travel section. Pay the required airline fee and claim the refund if your reservation qualifies for the one. To know more, follow these steps –
- Visit allegiantair.com and navigate to the ‘Manage Travel’ section
- Enter the six-digit flight confirmation number alongside the surname of the passenger.
- Select the flight segment that needs to be voided.
- On the next page, you can see the refund amount and the cancellation fee associated with the flight booking displayed on the screen.
- Complete the cancellation request. You will receive the confirmation on your registered email address.
Allegiant Air Cancel Flight over the Phone
You can also request the same by calling at Allegiant air flight cancellation phone number. The cancellation fee, as well as the service charges, may apply. No fees would be assessed within 24 hours of booking, as per Allegiant cancellation policy.
Allegiant Cancel Flight at the Airport
Only flight bookings that have Trip Flex added are qualified for the last-minute flight cancellation. You would be asked to pay 175 USD at the airport. You can cancel your flight up to 1 hour before the scheduled departure for all the flights within the US.
Allegiant Weather Cancellation Policy
At times, flight delays or cancellations may have a big impact on your travel plans, but airlines process the involuntary cancellations so that you get to your destination safely. In case of flight disruption or cancellation due to weather, it is highly recommended to provide your active contact number, so that the airline informs you about the departure/arrival changes or cancellation.
In cases where the airlines issue a weather advisory, then you may –
- Request to rebook the flight on a later date within 7 days of the original departure date without any additional fee.
- You can cancel your reservation. The refund would be processed on the unused portion of the ticket in the form of future travel credit.
- It is possible, at times, that the flight is delayed or canceled when the weather looks fine. It could be the case that the conditions at the destination airport or travel route may not be fit for flying.
- In the case of weather advisory, the airline does not rebook passengers on other airlines.
- If there is a flight cancellation or if your flight’s schedule is moved to another day, you have the option to –
- Alter the rescheduled flight on different dates and no fare difference, and the airline’s penalty would be charged.
- To cancel the flight and claim a refund on the unused portion of the ticket.
Please note: The above points are mentioned in the Allegiant Airlines Cancellation Policy.
Allegiant Air Refund Policy
You can claim a refund on the unused or unflown flight segments and is subject to a cancellation fee. Just like that, there is other refund policy that you should take note of –
- The airline will issue a refund in the original method of payment used at the time of booking.
- The Allegiant flight refund for fares purchased with a credit or debit card will be reflected back in the card statement in 7 business days.
- A cheque will be issued in the name of the passenger ticket on the flight booking if the reservation was purchased through cash or cheque. It may take up to 20 business days after the refund request is received by the airlines.
- The airline will make the refund in the currency with which the flight ticket was purchased.
- No refund to be given for no-show or any Allegiant flight cancellation request was made after the scheduled departure.
Allegiant Cancellation Fees
The airline offers an affordable cancellation penalty that gives you the agility to cancel it anytime before the scheduled departure. No cancellation fee would be assessed within 24 hours of booking, as per Allegiant Airlines cancellation policy.
Please note the Allegiant cancellation fee varies whether you have subscribed with the Trip Flex subscription or not. Please is the overview of the airline’s cancel flight fee –
|Cancellation fee in USD||Cancellation within 7 days of departure||Refundable|
|Booking with Trip Flex||175 USD||Yes||Yes|
|Booking without Trip Flex||200 USD||Not allowed||No|
In order to ensure your vacation plans are perfect, you will always want to do a lot of research into the Allegiant cancellation policy. What is really important is that you don’t book any tickets until you have a firm understanding of how their policy works. In that regard, take a few minutes and review our comprehensive guide to learn all about it.
You must be clear about your objectives and the kind of travel you are making prior to purchasing the air tickets. There is no “one size fits all” cancellation policy that you can rely on, as everyone has their own preferences and needs, which makes choosing a flying carrier just a tad difficult. You need to go through multiple factors to get the best fly carriers for your next tour or trip. In terms of the cancellation policy and promotion, all would depend upon future considerations.