Allegiant Air name change policy offers the most flexible workflow of making changes/corrections to the name on the ticket. The airline only entertains name changes to the booking made directly with the airlines.
In this post, we will cover all the rules and pre-conditions associated before making the changes to the name on the flight reservation. Add to that, we will also give you detailed information on how to make a name change, the name change fee, and the type of name correction request entertained by the airlines.
Rules to Change Name on Allegiant Air Ticket
Passengers can also request an Allegiant Air change of name on their flight booking in the form of a name correction of up to four characters on their first, middle, or last name. Add to the there are other important points you should consider before making a name change request –
- Reward Club members are not eligible to make a name correction on their tickets. The said Allegiant Air name change policy would not be applicable here.
- You are not allowed to alter the ownership of the ticket.
- Once the name change request is done, the said flight tickets would be sent for re-issuance. You are responsible for the name change and the fare difference, if there is any.
- Passengers can request the name correction on the flights operated and marketed by Allegiant Air.
- When processing a name change on your booking, in the case of multiple flight segments, the most restricted fare rule would be applicable.
- You need to select the seats or add any other travel essentials once the name correction request has been approved.
- In case of a legal name change to married/maiden name, divorce, and under any legal obligation, passengers need to submit the passport or photo ID for validation.
- When a passenger has multiple flight segments which include the flight segment with different airlines, the name change request would not be applicable on the flight segment other than Allegiant Air.
Type of Requests: Allegiant Change Passenger Name
The name change request is not just confined to name correction on the booking. Actually, passengers can alter a suffix, prefix, last name, middle name, or even make changes due to other legal considerations.
We discuss here what types of name change requests you can make with the airlines, how much fee would be applied, and how you can make an approach to compete with the said request.
Name Correction on Ticket
You can correct up to 4 characters on the first name, middle name or last name. The said request needs to be completed with the airlines via the customer service phone number. You can also do the name correction online via the My Trip section. You would be asked to pay the change fee plus any applicable fare difference.
Add/Alter/Eliminate the Middle Name
In case your passport or any government-issued photo ID has the middle name, you can simply add and alter as exactly appears on the said document. You would be asked to submit the identification document at the time of making changes. Passengers would be asked to pay the Allegiant Air flight change fee. Fare differences may apply. The request can only be completed by calling the airlines.
Adding the Title/Suffix/Prefix to the Passenger’s Name
The Allegiant air name change policy permits you to add titles, suffixes, and prefixes to your ticketed name. The change fee alongside the fare difference would be applicable. The tickets would be issued in a similar or higher class of service. The said change request can be completed by calling Allegiant Air’s flight executive.
How to Change Name on Allegiant Air?
You can request the name correction/change online at the Allegiant Air web portal. In addition, assuming that you have a restricted fare you need to call airlines directly in order to complete the changes.
Allegiant Name Change Online
To request the name change, go to the My Trip section. Access your booking with the flight confirmation details. Select the passenger’s name whose name needs to be corrected. Enter the correct name. Submit the passport or government ID for validation. Pay the required fee. Once the request is submitted, the airlines will send the email confirmation. Follow these steps to complete the said request online –
- Visit allegiantair.com and navigate to the My Trip section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference and the last name of the passenger to retrieve the booking.
- Select the passenger’s name you would like to change.
- Enter the correct name in the required field. Submit the passport or any identity document to validate your changes.
- Pay the Allegiant Air name change fee and the fare difference associated with it.
- Once the request is processed, you will receive a confirmation on your registered email address with the updated passenger’s name.
Note: As per the Allegiant Air name change policy, only non-restricted fares are eligible for the online changes.
Allegiant Name Change Via Phone
Given that you’re holding a restricted fare that does not support online name changes or don’t know how to navigate the online changes, you can simply dial the Allegiant Air Reservation Phone Number at +1-844-673-0381. The next available flight executive will check if your booking is eligible for the name changes. The change cost would be applied and is payable over the phone with the debit/credit card.
Allegiant Name Change At The Airport
The name change/correction request needs to be completed up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure. Given that you have already completed the check-in, you need to cancel it and alter the ticket status to ‘open’ to proceed with the name change request.
Allegiant Air Name Correction Rules
The name correction refers to the correcting type error or adding the missing characters in the passenger’s name which is already ticketed. Following criteria must be met to complete the name correction –
- The flight must be operated and marketed by Allegiant Air and the ticket must be issued with the stock number 014.
- Only Allegiant Air flight segments are applicable for the name correction.
- In case of making the name correction within 24 hours of purchase, the passenger needs to request Allegiant Airlines flight cancellation, claim a refund and then rebook the same flight with the updated name.
- Changing both the DOB and the name constitutes a name change, which is subject to the Allegiant Air name change policy.
- In the middle of a trip, minor name changes are permitted. Only when the name on the ticket matches that on a government-issued ID or passport.
- It is not possible to change the travel date, time, or destination at the timer of requesting name correction.
- Gender and birth date cannot be changed at the same time as the name change. For each of them, a separate request must be made.
- Per ticket, only one reissue is permitted. Any additional name corrections will be treated as a name change, resulting in a penalty from the airline alongside fare difference.
Allegiant Air Name Change Fee
Based on the type of name change request covered above, there is a name change fee for each type of request. Take a note of the overview of the name change fee mentioned below –
|Type of Name Change Request||Name Change Fee (in USD)|
|Name correction up to 4 letters||225 USD + difference in fare|
|Change/Correct Middle Name||225 USD + difference in fare|
|Adding the title/suffix/prefix||175 USD + difference in fare|
While the airline might not have a concrete name change policy, you can always rest assured that your request will be entertained by them. The only thing you need to do is reach out to the customer service team and inform them about your request. When you book a flight ticket through the Allegiant Air website, then the online support team will handle your request in an efficient manner.